ER & Urgent Care Hours For Adobe Los Altos:
Mon-Sat 7am-9pm & Sun 8am-9pm
Adobe Los Altos has expanded it’s walk-in ER hours until 9pm every night! We are very excited to be getting more ER hours to help you and your pets later into the evening! And if they need to be hospitalized, we have experienced ICU technicians to stay with them all night long. We are still 100% focused on making sure our current clients are taken care of, so the new hours are limited to current clients only. Thank you to everybody who worked to make this happen!
Pets who need to be hospitalized overnight will be taken care of by our amazing team of ICU nurses to continue their treatments and medications. Patients with life threatening conditions will need to be transferred to a specialty or emergency hospital before 9pm. We will stabilize critical patients, then facilitate a transfer to the closest hospital that has the capacity to take additional critical patients.
Adobe South Bay continues to be available by appointment only. They do not offer any walk-in services.
When Possible, Call First
We recommend that you call our hospital before walking in for urgent or emergency services to check our capacity level. If we feel that it is in the best interest of your pet to be seen at another emergency hospital, we will direct you there. Your pet will be triaged when it comes and the team will let you know if it needs to be seen tonight or can be scheduled for a day appointment.
- If your pet is ill and you think they need to be seen urgently, please:
- Live Chat with an Adobe Staff Member or call 650-948-9661 during ER hours to discuss the situation before walking in. Adobe Care Member Clients have access to 24/7 triage through our portal.
- For common or minor health issues, our Video Visit service is a great option for pets who have been seen by an Adobe doctor within the last year
3. We will temporarily stop taking in emergency cases if our emergency service is overwhelmed. If we have more patients waiting then we can see in a timely manner, we may have to refer you to another veterinary emergency center in the area.
4. We do not see the following species, except to provide humane euthanasia:
- Birds, including chickens
- Farm Animals
- If one of your pets is in this category and is currently under care at Adobe (we’ve seen your pet in the last six months), please talk with your veterinarian about how to arrange care moving forward.
Alternate Bay Area Emergency Hospitals
Below is a list of other emergency hospitals in the Bay Area that you can contact on an emergency basis in case we are at capacity or it is outside of our expanded ER hours. Please call before heading to their location, as they might also be at capacity. Adobe Animal Hospital does not work with, nor specifically endorse any of the following. This is a starting point, and not a complete list of services in the area. We highly recommend doing your own research before making a selection for you and your pet.
Closest to Adobe LA:
MedVet Mountain View: 650-494-1461
Sage Redwood City: 650-417-7243
Sage Campbell: 408-343-7243
MedVet Campbell: 408-371-6252
MedVet Silicon Valley in San Jose: 408-649-7070
South Bay Animal Hospital in San Jose: 408-899-4791
Arch Vet in San Jose: 408-224-5700
Peninsula/ North Bay/ East Bay:
Lenity Vet Specialists in San Mateo: 650-513-6660
North Peninsula in San Mateo: 650-348-2575
Beacon Vet Speciality in Fremont: 510-657-6343
Sage Dublin: 925-574-7243
Iron Horse VetCare in Dublin: 925-556-1234
VEG in San Ramon: 925-718-7771
Animal Emergency Services in San Francisco: 415-566-0540
Pets Referral center in Berkeley: 510-548-6684
VCA Bay Area in San Leandro: 510-483-7387